Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Departing in 3 days

Wow, I am once again amazed at how my fund-raising has been such a success! About a month ago, I was beginning to wonder if I'd make it to Africa this summer. I had $1,800 left to pay on the balance of my airfare, and I had no idea where it was going to come from. People kept asking me, "How will you do it, Laurie?" "How"? "How"? It was difficult for me to remain focused at times, yet I knew it was meant for me to return to Zambia this summer to work with those beautiful children who bless my heart so much. Well, sure enough, an anonymous $2,000 was given to me in the form of a check. It cleared my account the EXACT day the balance of my funds were due to my travel agent for my airfare. Coincidence? Hmmm.....I think an ounce of faith has something to do with it.

So here I am....ready to embark on another trip, anxiously waiting to be greeted by the sweet smiles and hugs of those young Zambian orphaned children. I will be departing Minneapolis on Saturday afternoon; layover in Chicago; 12-hour layover in London; layover in Nairobi, Kenya; finally arriving in Lusaka, Zambia on Monday, July 16th. I hope to visit an internet cafe as often as I can while there to keep you updated. A friend lended me a camcorder, so I'm excited to get some great video clips to share with all of you.

Thanks again to EVERYONE who has supported me financially! I'm truly grateful! I would not be able to make it to Africa without each of you.

No comments: